Here we go again! As has become tradition around here, I present to you the box of Tic Tacs I must take every morning for three days during each round of my FCR chemotherapy.
This being round 4 of 6, I’m two-thirds of the way through! My how time flies…
Clockwise from top:
• NEW! Aprepitant* (1 capsule) – anti-nausea agent
• Ondansetron (1 tablet) – anti-nausea agent
• Dexamethasone (2 tablets) – anti-nausea agent
• Fludarabine (7 tablets) – chemotherapy drug
• Cyclophosphamide (12 tablets) – chemotherapy drug
I have to take all of these at breakfast for each of the three days of the course. In the evening I also have to take another ondansetron, lest I want to wake up the next morning feeling queasy.
*Last month’s treatment was particularly rough on the days following the treatment, with the nausea hitting extra hard. I mentioned this to my doctor, and she prescribed me an additional anti-nausea agent, Aprepitant (trade name: Emend). Apparently it works wonders, but it makes you real sleepy. I can attest to that having taken my first dose yesterday. 😴